UWA internal audit is an independent, objective assurance function that adds value to and improves the University's operations.
The internal audit function evaluates systems, procedures and internal controls at faculties, schools, and centres, as well as central administration and other University activities.
We carry out audit tasks, including:
- assessment of the compliance of procedures with policy, best practice and the law
- reviews of accounting systems
- reviews of information technology environments
- reviews of operational efficiency and effectiveness
We work towards providing assurance to University management that effective measures have been taken to minimise business risk in relation to:
- the safeguarding of assets
- compliance with legislation and University policies and procedures
- provision of reliable information
- achievement of goals and objectives
- effective, efficient and economic use of resources